Sunday, May 16, 2010

A Great Weekend

What a great weekend! Brad and I were able to attend his cousin's wedding. The girls headed to my parents place for the night so we wouldn't have to worry about babysitters driving home late and then us being able to stay out as late as we wanted.

The wedding was a little bit different. Every wedding I have been at has always been a dutch CRC wedding...the structure of the whole day is always the same. This one was very different. It started at 5pm at the Banquet Hall. The reception began right after it. There was no music until the brides maids came down...no ushers, no unity candle...I don't even think it was a minister that married them but just an officiator...What i realized though is something that I kind of took for granted. The wedding ceremony had no mention of God. All the weddings I go to have that foundation. As nice as the wedding was, it kind of felt empty...no hope. Knowing that we have God part of our marriage gives us a foundation and something we can build our marriage on and a true example of what marriage is. I feel so blessed to have this.


It was such great time being at the table with his cousins and Wendy & Chris.. Our table was labled as the "Present Table". The table to my left was filled with all the young cousins in thier teens and early 20s. Our table was filled with 30something adults with kids under the age of 13. But my right was the table filled with all the parents...or what we labled "our future". Having a night with family, great food, great conversation. We laughed a lot and enjoyed each others company.


I love my life, my husband, my family, Brad's family and everything God has blessed me with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers