Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Beginning Again

January 14th began a new journey...one that I have been on many times before...losing weight. It is something I have struggled with all my life...it has bothed me but sometimes more than others. It really doesn't help having very skinny siblings and parents. Who knows why I was designed like this but I have learned over years to love who I am. I did not want to change for anyone. When I met Brad, he loved me just the way I was. Loved every bit of me.
When I decided to join weight watchers again I was doing this for myself, not for anyone else. Brad has joined me on this journey and we were going to do this for ourselves. We wanted to set a realistic goal so we joined for 20 weeks so it would not be to over whelming.
I gave myself a goal to acheive at the end of the week with 40lbs lost. It works out to be 2lbs a week.
I won't write my starting weight but I will keep you up date on what I have lost

Week 1 lost 2lbs
Week 2 lost 3lbs
Week 3 lost 2lbs
Week 4 lost .5lbs
Week 5 lost 3lbs
Week 6 lost 1.5lbs
Week 7 lost 2lbs

S0 as of today, I have lost 14lbs. I have lost 5% of my weight and am so happy.

Every week is different for the one before, some with more challenges than others. Sometimes I don't have to eat out and am able to stick to my points and have a great week and then there are other weeks where I use every point I have.

As for this week, it have been pretty good. It has been "that time of month" which doesn't help at all, but over all I think it has been pretty managable.

Thursday evening are the weight ins and having a friend with me makes it a lot more enjoyable.

Well, it is time for my evening snack I look forward to all day...Popcorn and Fresca with no kids interupting me or begging me for some.

1 comment:

  1. So proud of you! You have a good attitude and losing weight for yourself is the way to go! Now the outside of you will be as beautiful as the inside of you....plus you may inspire some people along the way!

    ReplyDelete

Followers