Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thursday...

Today is the day that we weigh in...a day that I look forward to and see the outcomeof the week, but then there is that part of me that doesn't want to go -thinking back at some of the things I ate and maybe shouldn't of. I think, it will e alright if I gain b/c Friday is a start to a whole new week, new flex points, a clean slate and excited to try harder.
It is pretty funny how I can find excuses on why I didn't lose..."It was my time of the month", "I was kind of stressed and I eat when I am stresses". " I was busy", or even " I just didn't care this week".
But this week wasn't like that. It was a change for me but I was thinking more positive and was actually proud of myself and wasn't putting myself down... This past Monday my sister and I took my Mom out for her birthday for breakfast at the Sunset Grill. I looked online for nutritional value on the food to prepare and figure out what I could have. They didn't have any values but I did find a "light Breakfast" menu. As much as I wanted the french toast with Whip Cream or the Greek Omelette with homefries, I chose the one egg, 2 slices of toast and a bowl of fruit. Now on paper it all looked great and I was ready to go...but when I get to a restaurant, reasoning goes out the window and I give in. But for some reason I stood by my choice and ordered what I planned on. It was so good and satisfying. I walked out of the restaurant feeling full and satisfied. I was so proud of myself.
I did the same thing yesterday when I was out with Jade for lunch...It would of been nice to have a chicken burger but I ordered the yogurt parfiat and loved it. Now I was a bit hungery when I got home but I enjoyed a big bowl of chili and enjoyed having cheese with it b/c I didn't blow it at lunch.
Now I can chalk it up to it was just a good week or I could really say and believe that I am getting a bit more willpower and my eyes are shrinking as my stomach shrinks.
I think when I weigh in tonight that even if I don't loose I can still pat myself on the back and stay I had a great week. I learned something. I HAVE THE POWER TO SUCESSED AT THIS! ONE POUND AT A TIME AND ONE STEP AT A TIME.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers