Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Out of Routine

This week has not been the best week. I guess that can be alright b/c out of the 10 weeks on Weight Watchers this has been the hardest one yet. I am thinking b/c the girls are home for march break and that the time change has changed thier bed time routine and sleeping in habits, everything that keeps me on track has gone out the window.
Anyone that knows me knows that I love my routine and love to be organized. I didn't really notice how much my eating habits depended on it too. Everything runs so much smoother if it is in my day planner or written down somewhere.
I haven't tracked anything I have eaten. I have tried to keep track of it intay my head but by 4 o'clock, I loose track and throw it out the window and kind of start munching.
I love to keep busy. Walking around stores, visiting, surfing around the internet, and even just sitting and enjoying a nice cup of coffee. With being busy I stay out of the kitchen and I stay on track. But with the kids home we are in and out of the kitchen with snacks, baking, cleaning up after the kids and sometimes I seem to be in the kitchen all day which makes me snack.
But if I try to find something good out of the last few days is that this life style change has been a good one and something I love and love to stick with. Sometimes I find myself checking the nutritional value and watching my portion size b.c I WANT to know not just b/c I have too. I also find with dining out with the kid durning the march break I have been choicing better food for me and I put alot more thought into what I put into my mouth.
I kind of have enjoyed being "off" the diet for a few days but I am really looking back to my routine, even if it is predictable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers